You’ve heard of the Turkey Trot, but have ya heard of the Rawking “Turkey” Wrap!?!
A savory walnut “turkey” crumble seasoned with sage & thyme, paired with a tangy and bright raw cranberry sauce, with fresh slices of avocado, over shredded cabbage, with a dollop of cashew mayo, wrapped up in a leaf of living butter lettuce.
Raw Vegan Turkey & Cranberry Lettuce Wraps
- Crumbled “turkey” (recipe below)
- Cranberry Relish (recipe below)
- Cashew Mayo (recipe below)
- Butter Leaf Lettuce
- Avocado, sliced
- Cabbage, shredded
- Optional: chopped shallots
- Optional: cucumber spears
Assemble lettuce wraps with “ground turkey”, cranberry relish, avocado, cabbage, etc.
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 teaspoons coconut aminos or tamari
- pinch black pepper
Pulse all ingredients (except lettuce) in food processor.
- 12 oz, I bag fresh cranberries
- 1 cup medjool dates
- juice from 1 lemon
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
Blend ingredients into a sauce, add sweetener to taste. This sauce is better made 1 day ahead of time, it will firm up into a rich sauce if left to sit in the fridge overnight.
Creamy Cashew or Macadamia Mayo
- 1 cup cashews or macadamia nuts (soaked for a few hours if you can)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- Pinch sea salt
Blend ingredients in food processor until creamy.