Happy Snow Day!!
We are having ourselves a little Grain Free, Vegan + Paleo Cookie Day here too!!
Below are some fun adaptations I have done to the basic almond flour cookie recipe that comes printed on the back of each bag of Honeyville Almond Flour. See all my different choices below for fun holiday flavors!!
While these cookies aren’t “raw” they are still vegan, paleo, and divine! A perfect treat to share with those grain free skeptics this holiday season.
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil (or melted coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey (I don’t personally use agave as in original recipe)
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Mix dry ingredients together, add in wet ingredients.
- Form into 1 inch balls and flatten down on parchment paper lined baking sheets.
- Bake 7 to 10 minutes at 350*F.
- Let cool. Enjoy!
And here are some of my favorite variations! I used the recipe above to make 4 different cookies by separating the dough into different bowls and doing a few in each different flavor listed below:
- Dust cookie dough in coconut sugar granules and cinnamon, then bake the same as above.
- Add a Tablespoon or more finely chopped fresh rosemary to 1/4 of the cookie dough batter, then bake the same as above.
Cacao Chip Cookies:
- Add in a couple Tablespoons of raw cacao nibs into the cookies to make “chocolate chips” and bake the same as above.
Cranberry Dusted Cookies:
- Sprinkled the cookie dough with crinkled freeze dried cranberry powder and bake the same as above. I found freeze dried cranberries at Trader Joes, and crushed them by hand. You can also use freeze dried blueberry, raspberry, or strawberry sprinkles too!