Be My Valentine
with this Super Simple
No Equipment Necessary Recipe
Raw Caramel Filled Chocolate Hearts!
Nut Free, Vegan, and Divine.
Check out my new You Tube Video to see just how EASY it is to make this caramel sauce!
2 Tablespoons maple syrup
3 Tablespoons chopped macadamia nuts for added crunch (or keep this recipe nut free!)
Pot for melting ingredients
Chocolate Heart Mold
Or use a muffin pan lined with waxy papers
Makes 10 hearts
- Gently melt cacao butter over very low heat on the stove top or in a food dehydrator. Stir in raw cacao powder and maple syrup.
- Spoon about 1/2 Tablespoon of melted chocolate into the base of your chocolate molds. Make sure the bottom of each mold is well covered. (Save 1/2 of the melted chocolate for coating the tops of the candies)
- Place chocolate filled molds into the freezer for 15 minutes to firm up while you make the caramel.
- Gently melt the coconut butter over very low heat or in a food dehydrator. Stir in coconut nectar, vanilla, and sea salt. This will form a very sticky and amazing caramel!
- Spoon a little bit of the caramel onto each chocolate heart base. It can be easier if you use 2 spoons to do this, using one spoon to push the caramel off of the other.
- Put back into the freezer for another 10 minutes to firm up caramel and 1st chocolate layer.
- Cover each caramel candy with the remaining chocolate. You can also add in chopped macadamia nuts directly on the caramel, or sprinkle them on last over the chocolate. I also like to add a couple granules of sea salt sprinkled on the top of each candy.
- Freeze for another 20 minutes, and then enjoy!! You can garnish with any remaining caramel and freeze dried raspberries.
These candies will keep best stored in the fridge or freezer. I love them crisp and cool. They will get soft if left in a warm spot too long.
*For the most incredible chocolates I like to use raw cacao butter and raw cacao powder, but if you can’t find those ingredients easily, you can sub in the coconut oil and cocoa powder as listed above!
I also found this caramel to be an awesome topping on raw apple pie & vegan ice cream! You can easily make a batch and just keep it in the fridge for a bit, and gently warm it up to get it soft & fluid again.
To make the most insane raw vegan caramel you will find the best results with raw coconut nectar. If you can’t get your paws on coconut nectar you can try subbing honey instead, it just won’t be the same sticky consistency, instead it will made a honey cream filling. In the picture above, you can see I used the version with the hon
ey cream, as a little creamy white is poking out of the heart. But my favorite way to make these is hands down with the sticky raw coconut nectar! Rawk on. ♥