These raw caramel apples just topped the list as MY FAVORITE RAW DESSERT EVER!! They will seriously delight anyone, and they are so much better than the “real” thing! I promise people won’t even realize they are eating a raw + vegan, good for you treat!!
- 8 organic apples, medium size
- 8 wood sticks (popsicle sticks, or 1/2 cut skewers)
Vegan Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup raw nuts of your choice, almonds are my favorite, (or you can use macadamia, cashew, pinenuts, etc.)
- 1/2 cup Medjool dates (pitted)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (or honey for SCD)
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 3 small pinches pink salt (I like a “salty” caramel)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, or 1 vanilla bean (scraped)
Optional Topping Choices
- 3/4 cup chopped raw sprouted almonds or hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup dried shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup raw cacao nibs
- Melted raw chocolate
Toss the nuts into a food processor and blend away, until they are almost “nut butter”. Add in pitted Medjool dates, blend. Add in maple syrup, sea salt, and vanilla and blend into a sticky caramel. If you find that it is still too thick and a tablespoon of water to thin it out.
Take a spatula and spread the caramel over your apples to create a nice thin, yet sticky glaze. Roll the apples in the toppings of your choice and set in fridge to firm up. I found these paper baking cups to be the perfect size too. Share with friends!