Thank you Kristi Strickland for sharing this drink of pure bliss! This Almond Joy Milkshake is the perfect way to start the day, or end it! Delish & Dreamy!
Almond Joy Milkshake Recipe:
- 1 cup Almond milk (recipe below)
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 whole vanilla bean
- 2 medjool dates
- dollop of maple syrup
- 4-5 large ice cubes
- 1 heaping Tablespoon of cacao nibs
- 2 Tablespoons shredded coconut
- optional: 1 -2 scoops protein powder, this was included in Kristi’s recipe
Toss the almond milk, coconut oil, vanilla bean, dates, maple syrup, and flax seeds (can toss whole seeds into a Vitamix, but grind first if using a regular blender). Blend well.
Add in ice cubes. Blend.
Finally add in dried coconut & cacao nibs, and gently blend in. (Kristi also adds in protein powder at the end)
Fills one pint size Mason jar of bliss!!
Homemade Almond Milk Recipe:
- 1 cup raw almonds * soaked overnight. If using high quality raw nuts, the skins will slide right off, and the nut swill have “sprouted”.
- 4 to 5 cups water
Blend sprouted almonds with water in high speed blender. Strain through a nut milk bag. Keep in a mason jar in the fridge for a few days. Use 1 cup in recipe above.
*for those on the go, you can also make this recipe without soaking the almonds and it will still turn out divine!