My FAVORITE way to start each day! A quick & easy, nutrient rich Raw Chocolate Sesame Mylk Shake. My body absolutely craves this drink each day! There is more calcium in this raw glass of “sesame mylk” than you will find in an 8oz glass of dairy milk!*** Plus this drink is loaded with magnesium, copper, iron, protein, vitamins, antioxidants, and other important minerals!
If I could change the world, I would dream of having everyone replace their glass of dairy milk (milk made from other animal’s mother’s milk) and have them reach for a glass of sesame milk! It’s so delicious and so incredibly cheap to make!!
Sesame Mylk Recipe:
- 3 TBS raw sesame seeds (can be hulled or brown)*
- 1 heaping TBS raw cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 2 medjool dates, pitted**
- 1 large handful baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup water
- (optional but yummy: 1 teaspoon honey, dash cinnamon)
- a few large ice cubes
Blend the first bunch of ingredients together in a high speed blender, (like a Vitamix) once it’s well combined and creamy, add in ice cubes for a cold milkshake.
* this drink is very inexpensive when made with sesame seeds (buy these in the bulk food section), but you can also use a large scoop of raw tahini in a less powerful blender. you can also soak your sesame seeds overnight to “sprout” them, but I often just toss them in the Vitamix and the morning and it still tastes & feels great!
** if you don’t have medjool dates on hand, just use 1-2 TBS maple syrup or honey
***1 oz of sesame seeds (3 TBS) has the same amount of calcium as an 8 oz glass of dairy milk, and when you add in the nutritional value of the spinach also, (and even maple syrup adds a little too) you will have more calcium in this drink than your average glass of dairy milk! And this drink will supercharge your day! xoxo