- · 2 cups cashews (or macadamia nuts)
- · 2 TBS coconut oil
- · 2 TBS maple syrup
- · Pinch sea salt
Blend cashew nuts in a food processor into a nut flour-crumble. Add in coconut oil, maple syrup & sea salt. Blend. Pat down into a rectangle on wax paper, freeze.
- · 1 cup almonds (or other nuts of your choice: macadamia, pine nuts, cashews, etc)
- · 6 medjool dates
- · 1/2 cup sweetener, maple syrup or honey*
- · 1/2 tsp vanilla
- · 2 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- · 3 pinches sea salt (I ♥ Salty Caramel)
* Reserve for topping:
- · 1/2 cup chopped almonds (sprouted are the best!)
Blend nuts into a fine powder in your food processor. Add in dates, maple syrup or honey, melted coconut oil, vanilla & sea salt. Blend into a sticky caramel. Spread caramel out over frozen cashew base. Press in 1/2 cup chopped almonds. Freeze for 1 hour.
*If using honey, you will likely have to add a little water to get the caramel to soften more and be easier to spread.
Basic Raw Chocolate Recipe:
- 1 Cup Raw Cacao Butter* melted (or use coconut oil)
- 1 Cup Raw Cacao Powder
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Palm Sugar (powdered in coffee grinder) or you can use Maple Syrup
Melt cacao butter in a food dehydrator or double boiler. Stir all 3 ingredients together, into a smooth melted chocolate sauce.
Cut cashew/caramel block into small “fun size” candy bar pieces. Dip each bar into the raw chocolate, then set on wax paper and freeze to firm up. Make sure to “double dip” each piece again after the first layer of chocolate has set. I like to store these treats in the freezer!
*You can easily substitute coconut oil for the cacao butter, and make great raw chocolates, they just won’t be as shelf stable, so keep them chilled!